Become a Library Ambassador
Our ambassador program is not accepting new people currently.
Who are the ICDL Ambassadors?
- ICDL Ambassadors are volunteers from all around the world who contribute to our research in many ways. We currently have 1057 ICDL Ambassadors throughout the globe who have expressed an interest in assisting the ICDL.
What do ICDL Ambassadors do?
- Ambassadors may help us test new software or conduct use studies.
- Ambassadors may assist in our collection development efforts by facilitating contacts with publishers and authors in their countries.
- Ambassadors who work with children may submit lesson plans and other activities they have created using the ICDL so that others may benefit from their experiences.
- Ambassadors may help to ensure that our use of different languages will make sense to native speakers.
- Ambassadors may promote the ICDL by sharing ICDL resources with children, librarians, teachers, and other members of their communities.
- Ambassadors may review books and recommend titles to feature on our home page.
When do ICDL Ambassadors provide these services?
- Ambassadors may commit as much or as little time to the ICDL project as they wish or are able to give.
- Periodically throughout the year, Ambassadors are asked to review and give us feedback on new initiatives of the ICDL project.
- Ambassadors may share information about the ICDL whenever they have contact with people who are interested in children's literature: staff and children in schools and public libraries, students studying education or information studies at colleges and universities, members of professional organizations committed to services for children, patrons at local community centers, and other parents in their neighborhoods.
Where are ICDL Ambassadors located?
Algeria, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nambia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Asia and Middle East
Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, China, Cyprus, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam
Albania, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Macedonia, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- North and Central America
Aruba, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Saint Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, U.S. Virgin Islands, United States
Australia, New Zealand, Vanuatu
- South America
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela